A quick Netgear Nighthawk router review
This Netgear Nighthawk router comes with a lot of power with an exclusive feature of an 802.11ad router. It is quite impressive in the manner of a connectivity feature. Also, in fact, has an ability to pull more bandwidth off from any Internet modem. Coming to the pros it has Fastest peak throughput yet and Sleek design. The front-mounted USB port best for fastest files transfer and ease of access. Also, a class-leading USB network performance. In cons, this NetgearNighthawkk router loses out at the range to AC1900 rivals. Other brands like ASUS & Linksys offers more easy setup, Also the premimum costing is the another con of this router.
Favoring points for Netgear Nighthawk router:
- This Nighthawk router from Netgear comes with ad levels. It has features of WiFi speed of 7.2 Gbps at the 802.11ac. You have the freedom to teach max 20 devices at the same time. Also, this Nighthawk router from Netgear has 6 Ethernet ports connecting up to Gigabit Ethernet, and 1 10 Gbps LAN port. 2 USB 3.0 ports allow for external drives or other devices to enhance the router’s storage and power.
- You get 4 powerful antennas which make capable you to access the Internet from a good distance. You will see when you use Netgear Nighthawk router that your Internet connection has boosted up. This Netgear Nighthawk router has good core processor with a feature of 1.7 GHz quad-core processor. This make router capable of handling instructions from computers, mobile devices, IoT, game systems, and the devices you have attached to the Nighthawk.
- The Netgear Nighthawk router also works as a PLEX media Server and syncs up with your Amazon Drive Cloud Backup for local access to your files. Also, you have the choice to control your router from the web interface or app on a computer or phone.
Cons for Netgear Nighthawk router
The only con which we find is that this Netgear Nighthawk router gets hot almost up to 118 degrees Fahrenheit. Although the casing will protect you from getting burned. we will advise you to keep it away from children to prevent any unpleasant outcome.
A glimpse into the features of Netgear Nighthawk router
The key features include 4xgigabit ethernet. his Netgear Nighthawk router comes with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz & 5GHz WiFi. It has 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0 and feature of beamforming. This router comes with WPS, WPA/WPA2 security and VPN & FTP Server
What company says:
If you are a gaming geek. Well, then you will find this Netgear Nighthawk router is built just for you! Keeping in mind the usage of gaming, streaming and mobile devices in nature, this next generation gigabit WiFi router has a 1GHz dual-core processor and delivers extreme speed so you enjoy less lag and less buffering. With Beamforming+ and built-in high powered amplifiers and external antennas, you will surely enjoy the outstanding features a top router model can offer! Nighthawk also has you covered even when you’re away from home. Features such as NETGEAR Nighthawk App, ReadyCLOUD, OpenVPN, and Kwilt app support help you manage your network, have access to a secure personal cloud, access home network remotely, and share photos stored on the storage from anywhere. Now you can control your home network with voice commands using Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant. With the added feature of Circle Disnep, it gives you access to the parental control feature like never before.
Netgear Nighthawk router will boost up your wifi speed. Now you can enjoy fast and buffering free wifi experience. More improved gaming experience and video streaming with surfing. The company says it is the World’s fastest WiFi—Up to 600+1300Mbps. Also, they say that it is Gigabit WiFi—Next-generation WiFi now at Gigabit speeds. Netgear claims that it has the capability of Gigabit wired—Ideal for HD gaming & video. This has the feature of Dual core processor—Dual Core 1GHz processor boosts wireless, wired & WAN-to-LAN performance
Other Netgear Nighthawk router features
- Netgear Nighthawk router is an AC1900 WiFi—600+1300 Mbps speeds
- Comes with 1GHz Dual Core Processor
- To give you the improved experience of Dynamic QoS prioritizes network traffic for uninterrupted video streaming for applications like YouTube, Netﬂix & others
- It has good storage feature which includes ReadyCLOUD USB Access allows you to enjoy personal and secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhere
- Has the ease of access which enables Nighthawk App – Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. And also you have an OpenVPN access on mobile devices, and Kwilt integration
- The new feature which makes your experience more positive as it can Works with Amazon Alexa & the Google Assistant – Control your home network using voice commands and you have smart parental control.
The overall experience of Netgear Nighthawk router
If you are gaming freak and love 4k Geeks, and VR Geeks. As this Netgear Nighthawk router can give you an edge over performance which other routers are not capable of. This powerful router will keep you connected and give an ample network speed.
It has subtle design as it has external antennas which amplify its speed. By using the external antennas you can control over or direct the wireless signal. Coming to the USB port designs it has USB 3.0 port on the front of the device. Which can be used for connecting the shared printers or external hard drives. Netgear placed the port there, in the front of the device to avoid interference with your wireless signal. On the back of the device, there is a USB 2.0 port. If you want to share the files in the fastest manner then use make use of the faster 3.0 port located in the front of the device.
Comparing on the Lan ports, this router features four gigabit LAN ports. You will find these four ports perfect for connecting gaming consoles and HD video-streaming devices for the fastest and most stable internet connection.
Another unique feature you will find is a dual-band router. Which means it provides outstanding wireless internet connections. This dual-band feature enables you to broadcasts two simultaneous networks, one on the 2.4GHz band and one on the 5GHz band. While the 2.4GHz band provides compatibility for your older devices, the 5GHz band provides the benefits of faster speeds and stronger connections.
This Netgear Nighthawk router requires a little maintenance. Thus saving your valuable time. With other old routers, you will find issues like reconnecting the devices several times. If you purchased this router then you have to do a little maintenance to it. The only effort requires is to update the firmware.
As it is 802.11ad which is faster than the 802.11ac counterpart. As it is the 60 GHz wireless that it can do data throughput of up to 4,600 Mbps. This makes the gaming systems so fast that your 4K TVs and XBox or PS4 gaming systems will not be hanging around waiting for packets to get delivered.
As every household more smartphones these days along with other gadgets like Nest thermostats, Arlo security cameras, Roku, FireTV, and other IoT connected items including refrigerators, doorbells, garage doors, cars. This Netgear Nighthawk router gives you freedom of connecting up to 20 devices in a single shot. As it can handle all these requests efficiently.
As app features for Netgear Nighthawk router offer ample management features, also installation is easy peasy all thanks to the web-based Netgear Genie Setup wizard. In this router, the dynamic QoS setting will give you the freedom to decide the internet upload and download bandwidth speed, but it lacks the ability to assign bandwidth to specific devices and gaming applications.
In the parental control feature, you can choose to use the Circle With Disney controls, or the standard OpenDNS parental controls. Comparing on using the feature of parental control, this router requires you to first download a configuration application and create an account. When you have done with this you will see the best parental control featuresYou can choose from different levels of done filters that range from minimum to high. You can also create your own custom filter based on content that you deem inappropriate for your network. Using the scheduler, you can also control the amount of time that specific network devices are allowed to spend on the internet.
As any other router from Netgear, it has all security features that should be expected of a top wireless router. A Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall examines all incoming packets and helps to ensure that your network isn’t maliciously infiltrated, while a NAT firewall hides all of your devices with a single IP address.
Netgear Nighthawk router offers a one-year warranty like other brands available in the market for routers. Also, other support options are available on the company site. which you can opt for as per your choice.
Although Netgear Nighthawk router requires a bit more effort when accessing and adjusting parental controls, the depth of control it offers, coupled with impressive speed and security make it an excellent selection for any home. In short Netgear Nighthawk router is the fastest, rangiest wireless router available.
For more help and support, please visit:
- Netgear Nighthawk router review
- Netgear router setup with Laptop
- Netgear router troubleshooting